- Clinical Engineers
- Biomedical Engineers
- Imaging Specialist
- Regulatory Affairs Expert
- Clinical Trials Research Nurse
- Business Operations Manager
- Med Tech Engineers
A Note from the MD
Working in the forefront of medical technology development and being involved with clinical trials is immensely gratifying. What I like most is the camaraderie and the sense of accomplishment in working towards a common goal that will benefit patients and contribute to the advancement of medicine. Being a member of a clinical trials team is an honor and a privilege. It is an opportunity to work, learn and teach together. It's about teamwork and every experience is unique and rewarding. I am particularly excited about the opportunities arising from the recent tax incentives the Australian Government is offering to new investments in clinical trials and R&D.
Australian Tax Incentives
The Incentive provides businesses investing in eligible R&D with generous tax offsets:
- a 45 per cent refundable R&D tax offset (equivalent to 45c per $1 of eligible R&D) for companies with aggregated annual turnover of less than A$20 million; and
- a 40 per cent non-refundable R&D tax offset (equivalent to 40c per $1 of eligible R&D) for all other eligible companies.
- Clinical trials can be eligible R&D activities under the program and are considered for eligibility under the same rules as any other activity;